While out and about shooting in the clubs and bars, we get asked A LOT of questions. After much research (eh, we did this over lunch), here is our top ten list.
1. Will you just email me the pictures? No, for two reasons. First, if we emailed out the thousands of pictures we take every week to individuals, it would take forever. Second, we spent a lot of money on a really nice site and made it extremely easy to upload pictures right to your facebook account.
2. Can I crop the picture just for my default picture on facebook (or any other site)? No, under no circumstances can you crop the picture. It is out of respect for the photographer, sponsor and the venue. Each either put in hard work making you look good, or spent money to ensure the photos are free.
3. I don't want my picture being taken. That's perfectly fine, just politely tell the photographer and they will happily keep you out of them.
4. Do you do other photography besides clubs? Absolutely! We do weddings, portfolios, calendars, family shoots, etc. Give us your number and we can discuss what you want.
5. Can I buy the photographer a drink? Yes, but under one condition, the photographer has to be done shooting for the day. We don't like to drink and shoot because the pictures will be blurry or we might fall over and break our equipment.
6. Come on, please email me the picture (after being told “no” the first time). Absolutely not. The pictures are free but you have to make an actual effort to go get them.
7. Do I have to make a profile? If you want to see the full size version of your picture, then yes. If you want to read articles, look at thumbnails, view pages or beach guides, then no you do not need a profile.
8. Can you come to my birthday party, event, club, or gathering and bring your camera to take a few pictures? We would love to! Each photographer sets their own rates for private functions and we have a low price for clubs or venues. If you don't want to pay for us to shoot, we would be glad to come without our camera. It's great to have time off and we love parties too.
9. How do you make money? Without going into specific details, we make money from the clubs paying us a small amount and our sponsor making up the difference. It keeps our prices low so we can be out shooting more.
10. Take a picture of that person who is: Nude, passed out, doing drugs, doing something dangerous, and idiot. Hell NO! First, no one really wants to see someone doing that. Second, are goal is to take pictures that the people being photographed actually want. We want to capture the moments, but moments of fun and joy not embarrassment and disgust.